Privacy and Disclosure Policies and Terms of Use

Monday, July 15, 2013

Rock winged liner all summer long with Lorac Front of the Line Pro


You know those moments when you're about to write a product off just because you're unfamiliar with the brand, then decide to give it a go and realize you've fallen in like or love?  Yup, that's what happened to me and now I can't wait to talk about these products.  I was gifted a pen liquid eyeliner and eye primer by a friend.  These products aren't new, but this is my first venture into the world of Lorac and I just had to rave about these beauties.

I'm not one to use primer. I like to keep my makeup routine minimal.  Unless I absolutely need something, I won't use it.  In the summer my skin is combo-oily and my lids tend to show shine by mid-afternoon.  Since I was gifted Lorac's Behind the Scenes Eye Primer, I decided to test it out.  Lately I've been using cream eyeshadow sticks which already have amazing staying power, but because I only line my lids, I still get a little oily around my creases.  With this primer, I didn't experience oily lids at all after a 12-hr shift.  This primer also helped prevent my eyeliner from migrating to my lower lids which makes this a keeper in my summer makeup uniform.  Oh, and it has a slanted tip which keeps this primer more hygienic than others. 

I'm becoming fond of Lorac's Front of the Line Pro liquid eyeliner.  When I first got this, I swatched it on my hand and didn't even bother to try it on my lids.  After three days, this swatch was still on my hand!  Though it was faded, I was blown away by the lasting power of this liner.  I just recently decided to test it out on my lids but was skeptical of the super thin brush and doubted its ability to create a quality winged eye.  I tend to gravitate towards liquid liners that have a felt tip.  My fave is by Eyeko.  Anyway, after actually using the pen liner I noticed the bristled, tapered tip.  Like a fine paintbrush, it was very easy for me to draw a winged eye, really easy in fact.  The finish is semi-matte with a slight gloss.  I can see this being my go-to liner for my long shifts at work.

I'm glad that I actually gave Lorac a chance and hope to discover other lovely products. Any suggestions? I'd love to know! :)


8 comments:

  1. Hey Chris, I've never tried Lorac (unavailable in Belgium), but I've heard great things about the primer! I've seen some Lorac palettes that look pretty amazing. Maybe you should take a look at those next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard good things about the Lorac pro palette. I'll definitely check it out. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Chris,
    sadly Lorac isn't available in Singapore yet. I have heard many people raving about their eyeshadow palette but haven't heard much of the eyeliner. I hope you'll find many other good products from Lorac! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends rave about their eyeshadow palette as well. :)

      Delete
  3. I feel EXACTLY like this about some Oriflame products I was given to sample recently. Feel like I can't live without them now! The post is scheduled to go up this week :)

    Georgi
    www.awaywithwordsblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried any Lorac products but I know many people you always say they are really good! Maybe this will push me to give some of their products a try! xx

    www.rachelsfashionpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome you found products you liked! I've never tried Lorac before! I'll have to check out the liner~

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to hear you've come to love these :-) I personally haven't tried any Lorac products yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments... Thanks for stopping by! If you've enjoyed this post, please follow me or subscribe. :)