Privacy and Disclosure Policies and Terms of Use

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What I'm loving right now... Early summer edition



I've seriously minimized my makeup routine as summer weather makes me lazy.  I find myself reaching for the same items on my makeup counter and I thought I'd share them with you.  I apologize for the lack of posts. Not having a working laptop is rough, especially since those funds are diverted to my car (still in repair).  Anywho, here is a post on what I'm loving right now.

1. When Hourglass launched their brow pencil, there was a lot of hype which I didn't buy into.  Too bad since this is close to holy grail status for a brow product for me.  This makes filling in my brows so fast that the extra minutes allow me to go on a coffee run and still get to work on time. Truth!

2. I've been looking for the perfect cobalt blue nail polish that fits my skin tone and I've finally found it.  Nails Inc nail polish is Baker Street is the perfect bold summer blue for me, and I think this color would pair well with nautical striped tees and coral sundresses. 

3. I discovered Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat while abroad volunteering.  My roomie let me use her nail polish because my manicure was in serious need of help.  I soon found out that the this affordable top coat extended my mani for a week and half with very minor tip wear.  Seriously love!

4. I'm all about sheer lippies this summer because they're no-fuss.  I usually detest having to reapply, but because I don't have to worry about being precise with sheer lipsticks, I don't mind as I prefer lightweight, moisturizing formulas when it's hot outside. I absolutely love Dior Addict lipstick in Exotique.  This sheer MLBB pink has been a staple in my makeup uniform since last month. 

5. Who doesn't love a bold red coral when going out for drinks with friends and enjoying summer events like 4th of July fireworks? YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 12 Corail Incandescent is a color that brightens my complexion (and makes me look better in pictures!).

6. Along with sheer lipsticks, I also love sheer cheek color and Bobbi Brown's Sheer Cheek Tint in Summer Pink gives me that girl-next-door glow from within.  I've tried several application techniques and the one that looks the most natural is when I apply the stick directly to my middle finger, then pat and blend with both my middle and ring fingers in small circular motions. 

There you have it, what I'm loving right now.  What are your go-to products this summer?

Thanks for visiting and don't forget to subscribe if you enjoyed this post. :)

3 comments:

  1. The cobalt blue nail polish looks awesome!


    Sarah from
    PrettyGloss | Bloglovin | Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't atop looking at my nails. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Chris, I'm glad to hear you love the Hourglass brow pencil as much as I do! I keep twisting mine out and try to figure out how long it'll be till I finish. Getting Hourglass isn't so easy in Belgium, but I absolutely can NOT live without it!

    I just got my first YSL Rouge Volupte Shine (Pink in Paris) and I'm going to give it a go soon! I hope I'll love the formula as much as everyone else!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments... Thanks for stopping by! If you've enjoyed this post, please follow me or subscribe. :)