Privacy and Disclosure Policies and Terms of Use

Sunday, August 11, 2013

NEW Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Highlighting Powder... And my summerupdate.



This sounds like a running theme this summer but I have to apologize for being MIA. Summer is my favorite holiday and I associate hanging outside and enjoying carefree summer days.  Unfortunately, the opposite was true for me as this summer has been nothing close to carefree and I've been stuck inside (literally).  My twitter friends know that I've complained of car issues.  It sucked when I didn't know whether or not I'd be able to leave after a long work shift.  Starting my car brought anxiety and several occasions I had to cancel plans because my car wasn't cooperating. 

Summer is soon coming to an end and fortunately, my car woes are slowly being sorted out so I can focus on other things... Which brings me to my favorite luxury beauty brand.  If you follow my blog, you know I'm a big fan of Burberry beauty. One of my favorite products is their Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base, which I don't use as a base but as a liquid highlighter.  This summer Burberry came out with a pressed version of Fresh Glow (yay for travel-friendly products!) as well as a bronzed version in both liquid and powder formulation.  I love the original liquid version of Fresh Glow so naturally I went with its powdered counterpart, Nude Radiance No. 01.  I tried the bronzed version which was pretty, but had a slight metallic-y sheen that's just not me.


The powdered highlighter comes housed in the typical Burberry etched gunmetal casing.  It comes in a Burberry-checked velvet pouch that has a pocket for the included square, flat brush.  Like other Burberry products that come with brushes (ex. Blushes), this one is usable. I don't typically use the brushes that come with my makeup except for those by Burberry and Chanel.  This brush is perfect for this highlighter as its flat top acts somewhat like a fan brush and allows me to precisely apply highlighter to the tops of my cheekbones as well as down the bridge of my nose.  The brush is soft and not scratchy, and best of all, has densely-packed bristles that allow me to buff out harsh lines and ensure the highlighter is well-blended.  Can you tell I love this brush?  Onto the product...


The powder, like all Burberry powders and blushes, is very fine-milled and once applied on my cheeks, sinks in to become one with my skin.  I don't usually wear powdered highlighters because they tend to emphasize my pores, which I don't need any attention on.  This highlighter, which has a pearlescent-pink color, adds light where I want it without any arrows pointing to my pores, and is buildable from a slight sheen to more prominent highlighting.  

I already foresee myself hitting pan on this product.  I will note that the included brush will make mini dents in the Burberry-checked powder because it is dense.  Using a soft, fluffy brush will preserve the embossed design, but this product is so beautiful that I don't know how you could preserve the checked pattern.  

Bottom Line: I absolutely adore this product and highly recommend this to anyone looking for an easy-to-use and travel friendly highlighter.  I bought this at Nordstrom for $48 (10g, 0.35oz). 



P.S. If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe or follow me. :)









11 comments:

  1. Hey Chris, I'm glad to hear your car issue is being sorted out! That brush certainly looks interesting. I haven't tried any face products from Burberry and I'm not even sure why! I might want to start with a blush though. People seem to love them SO much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny! DO try their blushes, they're ultra fine and so so natural looking. :)

      Delete
  2. I just ordered this the other day!! Can't wait for it to arrive..The SA wanted me to try out the Bronze version as well, but I went with this one. Thought that might be a little too shimmery on me. LOVE Burberry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bronze powder is gorgeous if you're going for the bronzed goddess type of look. I myself prefer subtle highlighting. Hope you love it!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Burberry is my fave luxe beauty brand.

      Delete
  4. Great post...totally sold on that gorgeous packaging alone!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab weekend xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to try Burberry's makeup so this might be my first purchase! We have just started following your blog and love it! Maybe you would like to check us out and follow back?
    www.ourlondonwardrobe.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll be disappointed with Burberry makeup. Thanks so much for the follow!

      Delete
  6. This looks like a gorgeous highlighter. Their check pattern gets me every time

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's those little details that make Burberry a luxury makeup brand.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments... Thanks for stopping by! If you've enjoyed this post, please follow me or subscribe. :)