Privacy and Disclosure Policies and Terms of Use

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder keeps me shine-free all day long


During a recent drugstore haul, I picked up this mattifying powder by Rimmel. I have combo-dry skin which can be slightly oily during warmer days. My main problem is trying to stay shine-free after a long work shift. Up until recently, I was using Bare Minerals Mineral Veil which used to keep me matte for a good 8 hours or so. Nowadays, I have to blot 3-4 times a day to stop from looking like a grease ball. And then came this product which I know has either been a hit or miss for others. Thankfully for me, it's been a hit.

I chose the color Silky Beige which is the darkest shade. I originally thought I'd test out the translucent shade, but I've read that it makes you look like a ghost. This powder feels silky to the touch and when applied to my face, provides a matte veil. This powder claims to minimize pores and the first time I tried this, I didn't see the effect. Today however, while shopping and hanging out in dressing rooms, I noticed a smoothness to my face which I attributed to this pressed powder. 

In terms of lasting powder, I had to blot my face at the 4th hour mark, but what I noticed is that once blotted, I appeared matte again. Usually when I blot, I'm able to remove most but not all of my shine. With Rimmel's Stay Matte powder, not only did I appear matte after my first blot (and only blot!), but at the end of a 12-hour shift, I had minimal shine to a small portion of my forehead. Considering that I only paid $2.50 USD for this, I have to say that this is definitely a winner! I'm taking this with me on my upcoming trip to a very humid place. 

If I could change one thing about this powder, it would be to add a mirror for touch-ups on the go. I do have to state that I used this over bare skin. I only wear foundation when going out, otherwise, for work I only moisturize and apply a translucent or setting powder so I can't say how this will hold over foundation. I do believe that everyone's different chemistry affects whether a product works or doesn't and I'm just happy that this fortunately works for me. Also, I have combo skin so I don't get extremely slick, so I can't say how this would work for oily beauties.

I had to include this picture of the embossed Rimmel logo. It's the little details that make inexpensive products just a tad bit more luxe.

Bottom line: I'm happy to report that this is a product worth trying if you have combo skin and are prone to being slightly slick. For beauties who tend to be oily, this is relatively inexpensive so it may be worth it to give it a shot.

Thanks for reading! Please follow me or subscribe if you've enjoyed this post. :)

9 comments:

  1. Hey Chris, I'm glad it's a hit for you! Definitely sounds like something I could use! Thanks for pointing out the translucent shade might not look too good. I'll steer clear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning beautiful!

    I love your blog I follow you now
    I would love you to follow me.

    a kiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for the follow Glorieta!

      Delete
  3. Great tips love!

    Take Care, Aimee
    SwellMayde.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my absolute favorite! It works just as well as any high-end powder, and it doesn't take anything away from the finish of your foundation.

    Elise @ A Bow On Top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been my everyday staple since I first purchased this. Took this traveling with me and it worked well in the heat. :)

      Delete
  5. I've always seen this but never thought of trying it. Glad to know it's worked for you! Now I'm curious to see if it'll work for me. =D Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Appreciate it! =D

    beauteebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's inexpensive which is a bonus. Hope this works out for you!

      Delete

I love getting comments... Thanks for stopping by! If you've enjoyed this post, please follow me or subscribe. :)