Privacy and Disclosure Policies and Terms of Use

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What's in my makeup bag: Fall Edition

  
I love to write about what's currently in my makeup bag because I like seeing how my taste changes throughout the year. Lately I've been loving the graphic eye trend, wearing makeup that is a mixture of 60s mod with a sun kissed Gidget twist. For those who don't know, Gidget was a show about a cute surfer girl played by Sally Field.

Matte skin is the trend for this season and I've been loving Becca's Mineral Powder Foundation. Because this is mineral-based, my skin looks matte but with a slight luminosity. For reference, I use the shade Noisette and I currently have medium-tan skin. I like to also put a mattifying powder on my forehead and I've been loving Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder in 005 Silky Beige. YSL Touché Éclat has been my go-to for highlighting my face, mainly under the eyes, brows and a touch to my Cupid's bow. 

For my eyes, I like to add subtle definition to my crease and lower lash line with the darkest color in the Dior 3 Couleurs palette in Smoky Brown. I line my upper lash line with a liquid liner and I've been switching between Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner and Marc Jacobs Magic Marc'er eyeliner pen (review to come). Some days I wear a thin line with a slight flick while other days I like to wear a thick-lined lid with a dramatic wing. Of course, I always fill in my brows with my fave Hourglass brow pencil and add a couple coats of Maybelline mascara.

To keep the focus on my eyes, I keep the rest of my face simple. I like to add color to my cheeks with MAC Sheertone blush in Sunbasque and I usually top off my lips with whatever sheer pink lipstick I have in my purse (usually Dior or Josie Maran). 

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what's in your makeup bag this season and please follow me or subscribe for more posts. 

10 comments:

  1. Hey Chris, thanks for sharing this with us! I have a Becca powder foundation and I like it, but I think the version I have is the previous one! I need to try a Dior 3 Couleurs at some point! I can't believe I haven't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular Dior 3 Couleurs is so easy to blend and can go from day to night effortlessly.

      Delete
  2. The Dior palette is so pretty. Love the colors for they def create a beautiful smokey eye makeup. This will be in my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the products you use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wanna try rimmel matt pressed powder! Great stuff and lovely post sweets :)
    Following you now and I hope you follow me back :)

    www.beautyfrontline.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rimmel's Stay Matte powder is my best friend. Such a fantastic product, that actually works! x
    http://stillbrookdesigns.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That MAC blush looks so stunning!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always carry stay matte , it's a great product xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your blog Chris! Following you now, hope you visit and follow my blog as well!♥
    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im glad matte skin is in as I have been using lots of face powder recently. I love that eyeshadow palette. Great colors. I have been opting for a slightly brighter lip recently because the weather is foul and I need a bit of color in my life. (Namely Clinique's chubby stick in grandest grape- I love it)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments... Thanks for stopping by! If you've enjoyed this post, please follow me or subscribe. :)